A gorgeous gluten free and vegan chocolate cake, that gets its moist consistency from bananas
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Ready In: 49 minutes
Servings: 10 slices
- 2 cups raw buckwheat groats, soaked for at least 4 hours
- 1/3 cup unsalted peanut butter
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- Egg replacement
- 1 teaspoon flax flour and 3 tablespoons of water
- 1 cup cacao
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 200 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 4 tsp coconut milk
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Prepare your egg replacement by mixing one teaspoon of flax flour with 3 tablespoons of water and leaving for 15 minutes.
- Blend your soaked buckwheat until it’s a smooth, creamy texture.
- Add peanut butter, bananas, oil, egg replacement and sugar and blend again until it’s fully mixed.
- Now add your cacao, salt, baking powder and baking soda and blend again.
- Put your blended ingredients in a big mixing bowl, add the 100g of the chopped chocolate and mix well.
- Pour your mixture into a cake tin that has been lined with parchment paper and bake for 20 – 25 minutes, until it’s dry on the outside but still slightly moist on the inside – if you poke it with a knife it will come out slightly wet.
- Leave to cool.
- In the meantime, prepare a grenache by melting the rest of the chocolate along with the coconut milk in a microwave, keeping an eye on it to make sure it doesn’t burn. Top your cake with the mixture and leave to cool in the refrigerator.